Friday, May 27, 2011

Inspiration....

As you may have noticed, if you have been reading my blog, I kinda like books.  Ever since I started working at Powell's my like turned to love, as I've been combing the shelves for treasures and discovering new authors and artists.  When I worked in a record store I would go through the bins first thing in the morning to see when had come in the day before.  Now I eye the book bins before starting my shift at Powells- apparently I'm a creature of habit.  My lastest treasure is a book of illustrations by the talented Amy Cutler.  It is out of print, but I recommend hunting it down.


I first came across her work at P.S 1 when visiting New York and fell in love with her delicate but funny and perplexing watercolors of women in strange situations.  Then I noticed her work on the shelf, on the cover of The Ms. Hempel Chronicles by Shun-lien Bynum.



Here are some of my favorites, those it's hard for me to choose.  I love them all!






No comments:

Post a Comment