Tuesday, May 10, 2011

When I grow up....

...I want to be like Iris Apfel.  I want to wear crazy patterns, and chunky jewelry and giant glasses.  She is a fashion trendsetter at the the tender age of 89, and made Vanity Fair's best dressed list in 2008.  Her wardrobe had it's own exhibit at the Peabody Essex Museum, and the book Rare Bird Of Fashion, based on the exhibit followed.  







I did a little searching around the wonderful world of Etsy to see what I would need to put together an oufit that that Iris might approve of.  This is what I came up with....

Amazing round glasses rimmed with tiny crystals
from Vintage50sEyewear on Etsy 
                                                
flowy caftan-like dress in bright colors
from theVintageSideShow on Etsy

an armful of chunky bracelets
from BanginBangles on Etsy
and these to die for, handmade, tooled leather shoes


Want to find out a little more about Iris, or get some styling tips from one of the world's most fashionable women?  Check out this interview that was produced for the museum exhibition.


No comments:

Post a Comment